.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Cause-related possibilities good for business

I'm very discerning about the causes I support. You probably are, too. For years there has been conversation about going to churches and other non-profits to sell them booklets for them to use as a fundraiser. There are people who have been quite successful at that. Like anything else, it has to resonate for you or it's just not going to happen. The lightbulb has to go off and there has to be some kind of an 'aha' moment to have the enthusiasm to move forward.

You may know I read my mail fairly creatively. It was one of the earliest marketing methods I used to sell lots and lots of booklets. Anyone prospecting me became fair game for me to prospect, if, of course, they were even remotely appropriate.

A few weeks ago, I got a 4-page print newsletter from someone whom I've known peripherally for a handful of years. In that newsletter, there was a half-page article announcing the writer's arrival at president-elect of her midwestern state's entrepreneurial association, and information about a project the group was doing.
The project was to fund a micro-lending bank for women who wanted to start their own business in one of the countries in Africa. I have always been a fan of the micro-lending concept. And the sponsoring group is one that resonates for me.

In very short order, I sent an email to the newsletter editor, commending her for becoming president elect, and offering an idea to do a joint venture that would further support her group's project. Within a very short time (under an hour!) and very few emails (even WITH a committee involved in the buy-in), we nailed down the details of a one-hour teleclass I'll be presenting on How to Promote Your Business with Booklets. It benefits the members of the group directly in their own business, it further supports the group's project, it allows the group to promote the event to potentially draw new members to their group, and it's good for my own business. I've agreed to contribute a portion of the registration fees and a portion of all products and services sold to anyone coming through this group. I've further agreed to process all the registrations and handle all the mechanics involved. The group has agreed to promote the event. I've sent them promotion copy and my publicity photo.

Now none of this is particularly a new idea, and I'm not suggesting that it is. Joint ventures and fund raising have been around for a very long time. My point in sharing this with you, however, is to help increase your awareness of possibilities that may be right under your nose, possibilities that can benefit many entities while bringing you more business. And it can be that much easier to start a conversation about such things when you've already got some open door with the person or group, regardless of how much or how long you know the person or group.

There are lots of people who have been my clients who are already speakers or who want to become speakers. Teleclasses are a wonderful low/no cost way to do speaking engagements and reach a wider audience. Worldwide, in fact. Yes, I know this business is about booklets. Look to see who you know who is looking to raise money for some charitable project or organization. Think about how you can joint venture with them. It may make your conversation easier to start, and bring everyone more money in the process.

What do YOU think about this?

Warm regards,
Paulette
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home