.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Booklet Money Left on Table

Two experiences in the past two days made me wonder how much other money any of us leaves on the table. One situation was with an author and the other was with a house of worship. In both cases it really stopped me in my tracks realizing the difference in expectations.

In the booklet author's case, the conversation included an outright admission of a spouse bringing in more than enough money, leaving the author not particularly driven to make as much money as possible. Yet there was a certain level of guilt expressed to me on the phone, an utterance of "I should go after more money." I don't deal in shoulds, so I quickly quashed that one. However, the person had an awareness of the current reality and was pondering a change.

The second situation was in the context of my wanting to make a donation to a synagogue in memory of a friend's father who recently died. I first went to the synagogue's website since that seemed most logical to me. Not a single word there about how to make a donation of any kind. I phoned the office to ask their procedure. The office person said "You'll need to send us a check. Do you know which fund you want to donate to?" Strike one and strike two all in one breath. A check? Ah yes, I remember those. And where would I find the list of funds? She then went on to tell me what most people who were sending memorial donations in honor of this person were doing, which I decided worked for me. I just had to wonder how many people never made it that far, and how many dollars that synagogue wasn't getting because of some simple things they could have in place. And I know my way around synagogue procedures better than most.

How does any of this relate to booklet authors? Well, look at how easy you make it for people to do business with you. If you don't have a merchant account to accept credit cards, do you at least have a PayPal account? Do you have an easy-to-find list of ways people can do business with you? Are you motivated to keep the energy flow of money moving around as it's intended?

Simple changes can make a huge difference.

Until next time,
Paulette -- who prefers a clear table with no money left sitting on it
www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home