.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Email and Booklets and Your Business

Face it. Many of us rely on email as an integral part of life. Periodically it'll occur to me that there are also many people who never even sit at a computer, much less rely on email. However, I am among the former rather than the latter, and I suspect you are, too.

Sparing you most of the details, I've just come out of a few weeks of email hell. Thanks to the able assistance of several friends, the worst is now behind me. These weeks put a new perspective on things. Here's a few observations to share with you:

  • There's no way of knowing what never arrived unless someone chooses to communicate in a secondary way to confirm my receipt of their message.
  • There really are other ways to communicate besides email.
  • It's important to confirm delivery of a message rather than make any assumptions about the lack of a reply.
  • Email may be efficient and inexpensive, yet not always reliable
  • It's helpful to ask myself what I did before email became so central to everyday life.
When you contact someone about buying booklets or doing any other form of business with you, and, for whatever reason, you choose to use only email, consider some of the above observations. Yes, I know some of these things fall into the category of 'amazing grasp of the obvious.' That is, right up to the point where you are entertaining all manner of fiction as to why you haven't heard back from your star prospect.

I'm going back to clean out my inbox now.
Until next time,
Paulette -- who appreciated the reminder as the silver lining in all of this
www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home