.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Better Living Through Technology

I am often a late adapter of technology. Not something to brag about, just something that is. And, like so many other people, once I finally jump in, I'm bowled over by how much the technology adds to my life.

An example of that happened today. This may all be old news to you. Stay with me on this, since you might see some usefulness in this story even metaphorically. Two different clients of mine have told me about a no-cost way to talk ( as in make sound out loud) with someone through the computer. I did this once before in a webinar situation that was, for me, a total disaster when I got knocked offline midway through presenting the class. The technology these two clients were telling me about is at http://www.skype.com Apparently you can also call a land line through this service for a very small amount of money, which does come in quite handy when making international calls, especially.

Today I was speaking with a client of mine in England, as if we were on the telephone, and it cost neither of us anything. Yes, we both had to be at our computers at the same time, and had to have the no-cost software from Skype downloaded onto our computers. It was a totally no-hands, full audio conversation into a very modest microphone plugged into the computer and the regular speakers. Plus, this client was especially delighted to realize he had been influential in my following through with using Skype to talk with him. Thank you John Marsh in the UK for your wonderful way of encouraging me to be all that I can be :-)

Why am I often resistent to technology? I really don't know. It does make me think of responses I've had from clients, when I know I can help them improve their bottom line, be happier in their business, or do something to make their life more, better, or different. They resist, in spite of the potential professional and personal enhancements. Can you relate to that? Are there clients who come to mind? Is it you I am describing?

Maybe the lesson is more along the lines of maintaining a steady and quiet persistence when it comes to the client or prospect's resistance. John Marsh and I will both be saving considerable amounts of money by using this service. That's a good business decision to minimize expenses whenever possible. In the course of saving money, John and I will also be making more money, not to mention the opportunity of staying closer in touch with John and his lovely wife, Beverley.

What can technology do for you today? And what resistance of yours is worth putting aside?

Until next time,
Paulette
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home