.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Professional Stretching

You may feel vindicated by what I am about to write today, or you may smile. Earlier this week, some colleagues held me to a higher standard than was comfortable for me. It involved online technology. We are doing a joint venture and they were giving me excellent suggestions on how to make good use of technology to market what we are doing. They went beyond my personal technological skills, by just enough to make it very uncomfortable for me. It was second-hand, old-hat, easy stuff for them. For me, I was scrambling to fully grasp it, much less implement it.

It occurred to me in the midst of this that it's probably how some or many of my own clients feel at times when I start giving suggestions of ways to expand their product line beyond a booklet and approach new markets. To me it's logical, easy, reasonable, and completely do-able. I'm sure that's how my colleagues felt about their suggestions to me this week, too!

My colleagues were truly very kind yet persistent. I hope my clients feel the same about me. My colleagues did not stop, nor will I. There's things I learned this week, or enlisted the assistance of someone else where it was literally beyond what I could personally implement. Either way, I'm further ahead on the journey than I was a week ago, knowing there will undoubtedly be more stretches in the future. I promise I'll prompt the same for you.

The particular joint venture mentioned above can be found at www.webmarketingbooklet.com Denise Wakeman and Patsi Krakoff (aka The Blog Squad) are absolutely terrific people to work with, and I'm grateful to have them as colleagues and friends.

Until next time,
Paulette - happy to be on the other side of the recent expansion
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Denise Wakeman aka The Blog Squad said...

You're a good sport, Paulette. We certainly didn't intend to push you; and as you said it's second nature for us to do some of the marketing/web stuff for every project we work on. I applaud you for pushing through and getting it done. Now, you have that under your belt and can implement new optimization stuff on all your future projects! Thanks for the opportunity to work with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home