.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"I Don't Know How,""I Can't," and Other Lies

I sat with a booklet author client for an hour yesterday. The person was from out of the area and was here visiting family. The client has already renogotiated twice on the date to send me the manuscript for editing. That's because the booklet was never started. Okay, maybe a tip or two. However, for all intents and purposes, it was never started.

The author has a full-time day job, some family at home, a social life, and other things that fill out the calendar. Writing the booklet -- hard, difficult, time consuming, and other fascinating fictional beliefs.

I started the hour yesterday by suggesting the author write 5 tips at the very beginning of lunch hour each day, for 20 days. That seemed to ease things ever so slightly. Okay, 100 tips in a months of workdays. Maybe do-able.

Then I asked the author to tell me, in writing, right then, 5 things to do relevant to the topic of the booklet. With zero hesitation, the hand started quickly moving the pen across the page. Six tips came out. Total time? Less than two minutes. That's no exaggeration. Literally less than two minutes.

So much for hard, difficult, and time consuming. The author shot holes in those theories right then and there. I am guessing I'll be seeing the ready-for-editing Word document within the week now that we've dissolved the long-held beliefs of why it wasn't getting done. What's holding you back?

Until next time,
Paulette - who assures you she has some of her own limiting beliefs floating around, too
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home