.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Booklets - Marketing to Those Who Market to You

In the very early days of marketing my tips booklet,(now 20 years ago!) I noticed there was a lot of mail coming into my mailbox that was related to the topic of my booklet. That included catalogs and postcards and envelopes of varying sizes from companies who had products and services related to my then-business of being a professional organizer. I was somehow on a lot of direct marketing lists.

It occurred to me that turnabout was fair play when it came to marketing. So I started contacting the companies who were contacting me, to introduce them to my tips booklet as another tool they could use to market their business. It was a very successful method of marketing my booklet, and one I continue teaching to booklet authors.

While there is not as much direct mail today as there was then, the opportunities still exist to market your booklet to those who market to you. In fact, the options are now greater since you can also license the rights to use your content in digital format to companies who are web-centric, who market largely online.

Who is marketing to you that's related to your topic? You'll find step-by-step guidance on how to market to them in "How to Promote Your Business with Booklets" so you don't have to figure it all out like I did, so you can make more money with your booklet today.

Until next time,
Paulette - continuing to make sales to those who prospect me


1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

HI Paulette

You hit it right on the nose with that one, marketing to those that market to you.

That's one of the high ROI ones.

When a local company calls me to pitch me, I listen, and start asking them how well their marketing like this is working, and throw back an idea or two that will increase their call success ratio at least 10 times. Next thing I know, we have an appointment for me to help them with their marketing.

Works great.

This applies to just about any kind of marketing . . . the key is to remember that this is ABOUT THEM and not about you. So focus your comments ON THEM, and what they want. That's why when I start asking them about how well this kind of marketing call is working for them that it hooks them.

Alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home