.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, March 28, 2005

I Once Had My Own Radio Program

Ever feel like you're talking to yourself -- with your booklets or any other part of your business? Your market isn't responding, even though you fully believe that you have information of value to get out into the world.

A number of years ago, I had my own weekly radio program that I hosted for six months. It was in a suburb about 30 miles outside New York City, on a Tuesday morning at 11:00 AM, for an hour. It was a call-in show, about getting organized. Each week I'd invite a guest for part of the show and then be on my own for the other part.

Now I enjoy hearing my own voice, to a point. And among my neuroses is not talking to myself. However, that's what it felt like during the part of the show where the guest was not on and I was doing what I could to prompt people to call into the show with their questions or comments. It was so much more fun and more dynamic when people called in. It also ultimately became more fun to be a guest on other people's shows instead of continuing to craft my own from whole cloth each week.

This blog feels somewhat like that. There's a place for people to comment on the entries here in this blog. I know from many years in this business that there are lots of people who are interested in booklets and are fans of this work. However, you, too, may have noticed that there has been only one comment since starting this blog.

Now really, I KNOW you have opinions and comments you'd like to make. Tell me what they are, or at least what topics you'd like to know where I stand on something. Like any relationship that flourishes, it works so much better with interaction than with mind-reading.

I'm rarely at a loss for opinions about things, especially when it comes to booklets and to marketing and to issues regarding small business.
Until then, I'll keep coming up with what runs across my radar. Jump in anytime!

Regards,
Paulette
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Shel Horowitz, author, Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green said...

Yes, any kind of journalism can feel lonely; you often don't know if anyone's actually out there. But they are. I once made a mistake in my newsletter, and when I apologized in the next issue, I got "oh, don't worry about it, it's happened to us" from a couple of Internet marketing superstars I didn't even know subscribed.

--Shel Horowitz, author, Principled Profit: Marketing That Puts People First

(My blog: http://principledprofit.blogspot.com/ )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home