.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Simple reminder of one word that brings big results

This is going to sound like it's straight out of any motivational book you've ever read or motivational seminar you've ever attended. I"m very sure of it. I'm going to do it anyway because I've been reminded today of what a huge difference this one word makes. Ready?

ACTION

Yup, that's the word. You have brilliant ideas. I have brilliant ideas. Just about anyone who is breathing has brilliant ideas. And it comes down to a big 'so what,' doesn't it? Why have I sold a over a million booklets and many of my authors have not? I took action, in the face of all kinds of things that easily could have dissuaded me.

Simple, yet not always easy.

It's very simple. Like the Nike tag line has said 'Just do it.' You and I both know the mind chatter can bring reasons why not to do something. It can take a lot to quiet that chatter.

Back to those ideas again. Look at one idea you've had. I don't care which idea it is, how great you think it is (or not), or any other story you care to tell about it. Take that one idea and do it. It probably moved you forward in your business in some way.

Do you think I sold over a million copies of my booklet all at one time? In case you're wondering, no, I didn't. That doesn't mean it's impossible. There are certainly organizations that have a large enough universe to warrant a purchase of a million booklets. That just isn't what I've done, at least not so far, anyway. I did take action, many times, to reach that over-a-million mark, you can be very sure of that.

I tell you all of this as much as I tell it to myself. I've recently started writing a new instructional product that will become a manual and entire home study course. It's taken awhile for me to get a new product of any kind in motion. It's now been started. I'm not sure when it'll be done, though I've set myself a daily goal to write a certain number of words. I originally thought I'd have it done by my birthday (September 22 for those of you who love to acknowledge these things -- I do enjoy receiving the good wishes). Now I'm beginning to think it'll be later than that. However, I'm writing something in it every day. I'm taking action. It will be done when it's supposed to be, I'm very sure of that.

How about you? What action are you taking?

Until next time,
Paulette
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home