.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Who You Know

You have contacts. Everyone has contacts, even if you are one of the people who doesn't think you do. And the incredible thing is there are times when you don't realize you've got really great contacts at that.

Why does any of this matter? I know you know that people do business with people. An introduction doesn't assure the sale, though it can go a long way toward opening a door.

I had a great chance to laugh at myself this week, which can often be a Good Thing. I was in the midst of a situation I've advised other people how to handle many times over, thinking I did not have contacts to help move a project forward. Within about an hour, I came up with more close-in connections that I already had that it was astonishing. And these are really terrific resource people, too!

Next time you find yourself thinking you don't know anyone who could be helpful with introductions on behalf of your booklet or other parts of your business, give yourself an hour to meander through all the places you've ever lived or worked, groups which you've been part of, family, friends, vendors, neighbors, advisors, and on and on. Then let them know what you're doing and ask what ideas they have about who would be good to talk to about using your booklet or other products to help promote their own product, service, or cause.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if you find yourself with a completely different challenge: who do you talk to first on the long list you've created!

Until next time,
Paulette
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home