.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Value-Added Product Bundling At Its Finest

A self-publishing listserv I'm on had the following post today that instantly captured my attention. While it references a book rather than a booklet, the concept reinforces so much of what we talk about in selling large quantities to single buyers. See what you think. It's included in its entirety.

=====

I've been working on this deal for over a year and had a non-disclosure so couldn't mention it to anyone, but it has now been announced in a national magazine so
I'm free to shout from the rooftops. Sending out press releases now.
Anyway, I'm very excited to announce that Breyer Model Horses, a division of Reeves International, has purchased 6,000 copies of my first book, Blackjack: Dreaming of a Morgan Horse. They will be packaging my book with a model they made to represent the horse from the book. (These models are the *very* popular resin/plastic models that most little girls are very familiar with. There is also a huge adult market
as these models are big in the collector's world.) Although Breyer has
packaged books with models before, this is the first tiime that they
have used a contemporary book. Previously, they have only used old
classics like The Black Stallion or Justin Morgan Had A Horse. AND, to
top it all off, they have invited the real Blackjack (one of my horses)
and myself to attend BreyerFest next July. This is their huge, annual three-day event in Lexington, KY (we live in Massachusetts). Not sure what Blackjack will think of the trip, but I'm excited. I just did a three-day signing at Equine Affaire (90,000 people) and had lots of people coming up to congratulate me. This is a huge deal in the horse world. Also had three different people from
Breyer visit my booth and chat. Keeping my fingers crossed and plan to
do all I can to get the model/book to sell well as they've indicated an
interest in possibly continuing the series (I have three other books in
the series with a fourth in the works).

Ellen Feld
Willow Bend Publishing
www.willowbendpublishing.com

======

Until next time,
Paulette -- always thrilled to see such validation of ideas
www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home