.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Booklets and Hotels

Yesterday brought a startling customer service experience, in a good way. Researching a place for a public workshop I'll be doing in Chicago in April (watch the speaking page at my site for details in this next week),a Wyndham hotel near O'Hare Airport turned out to be the ideal solution. It was not only perfect as far as the actual property and the staff telephone interaction, what I experienced next just astounded me. And I almost didn't notice it. They have something called Wyndham By Request. I clicked on the link and found a list of questions asking my preferences on everything from what I wanted as a complimentary beverage waiting when I arrived to which kind of pillow I preferred, foam or feathers. Seems like there were about a dozen questions in all. As you can tell, I was impressed, then and now. After all, here I am telling you about it. And I also looked to see if there were Wyndham properties in other cities where I'll be in the next 6 months.

I am sure that whatever it cost them to have that web page and provide these personally chosen preferences has to bring a huge return on their investment of time and money.

Booklets? Well, it made me think about how this same approach could be transferred into my own business and the businesses of my clients. There's lots of preferences that we can accommodate when we ask what they are. The trick is to think like that. First, create a list of the possibilities. What's the preferred shipping method? Is there a particular kind of packaging or packing? This is above and beyond whatever customization the client has already requested on the actual production. Choices and asking for input from the client. Those are the two big things.

Not only can I not wait to get to Chicago in April (and see lots of you there at my workshop), I'm eager to see what other Wyndham Hotels I can find to visit. And I'll tell everyone I know in the process. Now that's great marketing if you ask me!

Until next time,
Paulette - encouraged by a new marketing discovery
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home