.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Accountant and Booklets

I did my annual tax prep meeting today with my accountant. He's been my accountant for two years, plus I met with him 6 months ahead to see if he was someone I wanted to hire. He's a nice guy. He talks plain, understandable English when it comes to money and taxes. I'm always happy to refer people to him, and I do exactly that.

He's known for a couple of years what it is I do for a living. Once he was done doing my tax return today, I pulled a copy of my booklet out of my portfolio. I never leave home without a copy of my booklet. After all, ya never know. There was an opening in the conversation that provided the perfect segue for me to say "So when ARE you going to buy my booklets for your clients and prospects like you talked about last year?" He looked at it (again) and I could see his mind working. He said a variation of what I said over 15 years ago prior to writing "110 Ideas for Organizing Your Business Life." "I could do one of these on organizing for taxes." I assured him he could and then asked the old "by when?" question. He said he could do it in 2 hours. "Okay, let's see you make good on that. So you're going to send me a Word doc a week from now for me to edit?" He smiled and said he thought he would. He said he was tired of saying the same things to people 700 times every tax season.

Why do I share this with you? There's a few reasons. This story is an example of utilizing resources and maintaining top of mind awareness.

1. Tell everyone you know what you have. Sooner or later they may just want it.
2. Tell them more than once. You never know just when they'll be ready.
3. Give some encouragement that their idea is right on the mark. It probably is.

Until next time,
Paulette -- looking forward to a good booklet on organizing for taxes
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home