.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

First I Need a Plan

A prospective client told me this week he couldn't (wouldn't) commit to writing a booklet until he had a complete plan for how he'd use them. I commend him for his approach, right up to the point where he said "complete plan." Yes, it's definitely important to know how the booklets will be used, having a marketing plan mapped out. The thing that was missing was an assumption of knowing many of the possibilities of how the booklet could be sold and how it could benefit his company. It's not that unusual for a booklet author to want a plan to be fail-proof and to consider every conceivable possibility. What I know to be true is that the booklet writing process often churns up many more ideas about ways to market the booklet. Get some marketing ideas down, and leave room for the many more that will present themselves.

Until next time,
Paulette -- eager to explore the possibilities with you
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With absolutely no insult intended to anyone, my 102 year old father (or so he claims) has always said the only complete thing possible is a 'complete idiot' :)

My booklet is done, no way I can imagine every possibility that can present itself.

Ohh yeah, I think your home study kits completely rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home