.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

When You're Ready, You're Ready - As Are Your Clients

Today was one of those great days of sharing some of what I know about booklets. It was in the form of a public workshop in midtown Manhattan, good old New York City. I used to live an hour north of New York City for more than a quarter century, and have only been back a few times in the past 11 years since moving to San Diego. I was here two years ago, too, and also presented a workshop. Today was very different than two years ago.

Today included a lot of people who have been clients of mine or subscribers to my ezine for quite awhile. In fact, there wasn't a person in the room, it turns out, who hadn't been following my work for awhile. Some have bought products and/or services from me. Most had not. And not one of them came to the workshop two years ago. It wasn't the right time for them. Today was the right time. And what a grand time it was. There was that magical energy in the room. People were getting ideas or working to grasp things that were not clear yet were somehow appealing. People clamored for each other's business card. It was the right time for each and every person in that room to be there.

This is what happens with your clients and prospects, too. I don't know why none of these people showed up two years ago. Each had their reasons. I don't know why your clients aren't buying today. Each has their reasons. Yet here I am, two years later, making the same offer of a class. I'm two years wiser than I was, which has nothing to do with why these people showed up today. Today it was the right time.

Keep that in mind as best you can when you find yourself in that inevitable moment of frustration when your clients aren't buying. There will be a time that is right for them, when they will buy.

Until next time,
Paulette - happy to visit New York City and happy to go home to San Diego, all at the right time
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger idea coach said...

Wow! I experienced product production on steroids today. I am not sure if it was legal to gain so much benefit from an information packed half day seminar.
Plus the added bonus of a follow up teleseminar exceeded my expectations.

Thanks for sharing your expertise
Rosie Horner
www.rosiehorner.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home