.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, February 18, 2008

How Large is Large Quantity?

"Oh yes, I sell large quantities. People buy 10 copies at a time from me." That's some booklet authors' definition of large quantity. It's not mine. In fact, that's missing a few zeros to qualify as large quantity in my opinion. 1,000 or 10,000 or 100,000 or even 1,000,000 -- now THAT'S large quantity. Too big a stretch to wrap your brain around? It comes under the heading of what you're used to and what you can learn.

Many companies, associations, publications, and websites have a universe of clients and prospects that's huge. You have something that's useful for their efforts in reaching and staying in touch with that universe. I like to tell the story that the year I licensed 250,000 copies of my booklet to the Lillian Vernon Catalog was the year they were distributing 17,000,000 of their catalogs. Yes, 250,000 was a large sale for me. Look at the comparison, though. That 250,000 was a test for them, a drop in their bucket.

Think bigger. You and your checkbook will be glad you did.

Until next time,
Paulette - who definitely believes size matters
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home