.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, October 23, 2006

A Hustler -- Oh Yeah?

A client called me a hustler today, and I said thank you. Usually the word 'hustler' has a negative connotation. It was obvious that wasn't what the client was saying. In fact, he was indicating his acknowledgement of my seeing an opportunity and following through on it. And he was completely right. Could he have used a different word than that? Sure, I guess. However it was one of those delightful banters that I revel in with my clients. The tone carried the meaning, and, well, he was right!

Opportunities are all over the place, and, depending on the day of the week, the moment in life, how you are feeling, how distracted you are, and a plethora of other possibilities, you will see some and not others. And sometimes it takes someone else to point out an opportunity to you (and me). Talking ideas out with people frequently prompts a greater awareness of what is right there.

So you may or may not like to be called a hustler. I've been called worse and have survived to tell about it. You may prefer words like creative or inventive or ingenious or anything else. No matter what, keep looking at ways to leverage who you are, what you've got, and how to do it differently.

Until next time,
Paulette -- who isn't telling you what worse things she's been called.
www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home