.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Marketing Looks Lots of Ways

You may know I've been doing more face-to-face public speaking this year than I have in awhile. It's always fun for me to do, in spite of whatever traveling hassles are involved. Yesterday was a reminder about the power of public speaking as a marketing tool. If public speaking is absolutely, completely, totally not something you can ever see yourself doing in this or any other lifetime, then skip this post. Otherwise, read on.

Yesterday I got a phone call for someone who was calling me on behalf of a colleague. The call was prompted by seeing my name in the schedule of the Publishers Marketing Association University where I presented part of a session last week in New York City. The person phoning me did not know me or my reputation. He read about me and saw my topic: Product Line Extensions. I don't ever remember this happening before, in all the years I've been speaking. Someone who doesn't know me or anything about me, sees my name in a schedule, calls to check me out for the benefit of a colleague of his, and I've probably got a new client in his colleague as a result of all of this.

So, if you do public speaking, just realize your expertise can go further than your speaking, writing, and other product development. Like everything else about running a business, it's a matter of just staying out there, however that looks!

Until next time,
Paulette - noticing the reminders
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home