.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Book Can't Possibly Be a Booklet

A few times a month, someone shares their point of view with me that their book really truly couldn't possibly have booklet potential, no way, no how, not gonna happen in this or any other lifetime. At first I enjoy my own private silent chuckle about it, and wait as long as I can ("pause 3 seconds for dignity," as one colleague likes to say) to respond with some form of "Oh yeah??? Really?? How very interesting. I have a different perspective than that."

My truth is that I have yet to see a book where there was no possibility of creating at least one booklet from or about it. Sometimes the tips are boldly sitting there, waiting for the taking. Other times it's necessary to look a little more into the copy itself to find tips hidden in there. And in fiction, it takes a moment or two to decide the best topic(s) to focus on within the story line of the book.

So far, there is no book I've seen that couldn't have one or more booklets created from or about it. I am more than willing to be put to the challenge if you think yours is the exception.

Until next time,
Paulette - who sees tips all over the place
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of those who said "no way" -- my reason is that I love writing, and feel I can explain a lot. But your passion for your topic keeps wearing down my resistance. I can't help but notice that people love tips. Do you sell a sampler of booklets, so I can flip through them and see what you're doing?

Jerry Waxler
www.memorywritersnetwork.com/blog

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Paulette Ensign said...

Jerry,

Thanks for your comment. Maybe what I neglected to point out is that a booklet is not the only format your material can take. It's an excellent beginning place for most people though, so that when they want more, you'll have expanded versions of your content to sell them. Makes for a good product line for you and a good learning process for your readers.

You can choose from over 300 booklets through the ebooklet catalog at www.tipsbooklets.com and see a wide range of topics you can purchase that other people have written about.

Until next time,
Paulette - who is, indeed, passionate about tips booklets.
www.tipsbooklets.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home