.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Friday, July 20, 2007

1000 Booklets Collecting Dust in a Box

It happened again this week. A booklet author contacted me in total and complete frustration. The story went like this: "I bought your home study kit years ago, printed 1,000 copies of my booklet, have had very little success selling them through my website and my own good-sized list, and I'm ready to give up on this. So, I realized I never redeemed the 30-minute phone consult that came with the kit, and decided that would be my last ditch effort."

It's such an amazement to me when I hear this story. It was immediately obvious as to what had happened. The author was singularly and exclusively focused on selling single copies directly to end users, who, for whatever their reasons, were not the market for the booklet.

Additionally, the author could have short-circuited the frustration and turned this all around by scheduling the consultation sooner. We did, in fact, turn it all around during the time on the phone, breathing new life into the booklet and the author, big time.

It's not a coincidence that 90% of "How to Promote Your Business with Booklets" is directed to selling in bulk to single buyers. It's also not a coincidence that there is a consulting session packaged with the home study kit. While I encourage and respect people's ability and right to make their own best choices, well, this is a path and process that works so why not follow it and use the tools you acquired in the package?

At least this client did make an excellent choice before completely throwing in the towel. I can't wait to hear reports of how a buyer says "gee, you only have 1,000 copies available immediately? How long will it take to get a few thousand more?"

Until next time,
Paulette - sharing with you what I know works
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home