.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Someone Did My Booklet Before Me

First of all, highly unlikely that someone did your booklet. You have your perspective on your expertise and someone else has their unique point of view. That's true even in the rare situation of two booklet authors choosing the same title, which is completely allowable since a title cannot be copyrighted.

Note, highly unlikely, not impossible. Let's say that there are many similar tips in your booklet and someone else's. I'm not talking plagiarism as much as the same non-proprietary concepts presented in similar ways. Here's where it really gets interesting. From my experience and observation, it's really rare that two booklet authors will market their booklet in the same way to the same people or companies. There may be some random bumping into each other if they have some similar affiliations. Even then it's been unusual that two booklet authors have the same vision, drive, or willingness to market the same way.

So when you see a booklet you think is similar to yours, go market your booklet like crazy. The other author probably isn't.

Until next time,
Paulette - who knows lots of people who wrote booklets about organizing and has still sold over a million copies in four languages, so far
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paulette,

I certainly agree with what you have said here (as well as with many of your previous posts)

I am happy to say that you have inspired me to write a booklet for my market (I work with Couples)

I'm half way through the draft and have found it incredibly easy to put this booklet together since I make all kinds of notes - perfect ones that translate easily into tips for couples.

Thank you for inspiring me to move forward on this project. Your support through this blog has been invaluable to me!

Sincerely,
Roberta

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roberta,

Glad to know you've found this info helpful. Let me know when you're ready to have your booklet professionally edited, and to discuss ways to market your booklet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home