.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Booklet is the Basis

I had dinner last night with a colleague whose personality, and therefore business style, are different than mine. Or so she thought. As I was telling her about the latest exciting development of bringing on someone who approached me to represent parts of my business, my colleague marveled at how I've stayed the course all these years since 1991. Yes, the booklet has been the basis of my business, and I've leveraged it in many related ways. The booklet has been the basis and the brand, in one way or another.

That doesn't mean I haven't tested some seemingly-unrelated directions over time, as my colleague has done. As she put it, she decided an apple tasted good until she saw some peaches that she tried, and liked them, until some apricots showed up, and those tasted even better. She's all over the place and still struggles many years later and with lots of formal credentials to her credit in addition to degrees from the School of Hard Knocks.

This is not to say there aren't those moments once in awhile when I don't wonder what's next to keep me interested and thriving. It usually takes a very small period of stillness before the next variation on the theme presents itself in one way or another. The base remains constant -- for now.

Until next time,
Paulette - grateful for the theme, the variations, and the willingness to explore all of it
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home