.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

How Successful Is This Booklet Author?

"It seems as though every "guru" has their hand out, and we are subjected to an endless attempt at prying our hard-earned money out of our wallets with little value."

The above quote is from one of my ezine or blog subscribers this week, in response to a short survey I'm doing to prepare for a new service that will be launched in the next month or so. I have no idea who wrote that feedback since the survey is anonymous. While I confess to some mild curiosity about who wrote the comment, it was the comment itself that was more interesting to me. I wish I knew how to actually pry money out of someone's wallet. It makes for a fascinating visual, doesn't it?

First, it seems the author views me as a guru, I think. The people I consider to be gurus have been around for awhile, have some results to show for their longevity, have often gone through some very lean times yet found their own way out of it through trial and error in many cases, and package their experience so others can benefit. I don't have the feeling that this writer (above) has a plan to be successful while he or she sees those of us who are in such a negative way. I do see a strong commitment to complaining, though.

Second, this above writer always has the option of unsubscribing from my ezine and the mailings of anyone else who is one of those money-grubbing gurus out there.

Third, as for value, well, like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. It is quite true that people buy products and services that seem to have no value to them. I'm sure there are products and services where that's actually true. I also know I've had clients tell me they never opened the album of the home study course they bought from me until years later. Yup, hard for that to have value, I agree.

So how successful a booklet author are you? What are you going to do about it? And when? (That "and when?" question is for a different booklet author who has spent the past 2+ years including this morning saying her booklet will be coming to me soon for editing.)

Until next time,
Paulette - the pervasive action figure who can't find her crowbar at the moment
www.tipsbooklets.com


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home