.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Booklets - Knowing It All First

Robert Middleton, of www.actionplan.com , made an excellent point in his weekly "More Clients" newsletter today. He commented that many people hold back on their marketing because they (you and I) believe it's crucial to know how it all works before being able and/or willing to get started. He was talking about that in the particular context of social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook). However, those are not the only outlets where this concern appears and applies.

AMAZING GRASP OF THE OBVIOUS ALERT: Like much of life, there is no way that any of us can know all there is to know about much of anything. You and I learn as we go. That's true with writing, producing, and definitely with marketing a booklet. There's things I know, which I share, because it's how I went about doing it. Most of my booklet journey has been expanded and embellished by a willingness to do new things and by listening to and observing what clients and prospects have brought to the party. They have taught me plenty.

I know a teeeeeency bit about LinkedIn, and nothing about Facebook. However, there's probably some teenagers in my neighborhood who know plenty about Facebook, who can be hired to help me market there. I do know that part, for sure, plus I know they are more inclined to explore that for me than I am. The part that I know is that it's pretty easy to fill in the blanks. How about you?

Until next time,
Paulette -- having some small idea of some of what it is I don't know
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home