.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Product Plans

"Are ya like me?" as late night talk show host, Dave Letterman, is fond of asking. So anyway, are ya like me, that the idea of a "plan" can be somewhat of a foreign concept? It's not that I don't plan. I just tend to typically do short-term planning in lots of things. New idea in the shower implemented by noon of the same day is frequently my idea of a plan.

Did you plan to create an entire product line based on your booklet when you decided to write a booklet? I didn't, yet that's how it turned out.

Or did you plan to create a whole line of different booklets on different topics when you started your first booklet. That's how another booklet author has been developing her booklet business. I have the feeling that wasn't what she was originally thinking when she did her first booklet, though I may be wrong about that.

It's easier now than it's ever been to have a peek into someone else's crystal ball to get ideas of ways to go. There's no right way, either. The only right way is the way that's best for you. I like to do things once and leverage them as many times as possible. It's what keeps me interested. Other people find their juices flow by tapping into different topics, some of which are related to each other, and others not at all.

What's your plan?

Until next time,
Paulette - currently involved in long-range planning of 6-8 weeks for launching something new
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home