.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

No Booklet Before Its Time

Today's mail brought a sample booklet done by a husband and wife team who heard me speak and bought my home study kits six years ago. Apparently they just completed it fairly recently from what I could tell. The booklet is well done, mostly follows my suggestions, and is a topic I think will sell well in large quantity.

Why do I mention this? It's not uncommon for people to ask how long it usually takes to write a booklet. My answer is always some form of 'it depends.' The booklet I got today took longer than most, or at least longer than most of the ones I know about. And that's how long this couple decided to take.

There have been other authors who have done theirs faster. The one all-time record I'm aware of was done within 24 hours. In fact, now that I think about it, there were two that I knew about like that. Each of those guys was just wired that wayand sailed right through it.

When I did my own booklet in 1991, I took two weeks to write it. That's still on the fast side for a lot of people. It will come down to how you function in the world -- how detail oriented you are, whether there is some external time element bearing down on you, and things such as that.

Bottom line is that the booklet will take exactly however long you need for it to take before it then goes to production (graphic design and printing). Production can take 2-4 weeks or more. The variable there, too, is your turnaround time on approvals for the graphic designer's work, and what your vendors' schedules are like. If the graphic designer and/or printer have heavy schedules, it could take a little longer. I have never seen a booklet take less than 2 weeks total, from start to finish. And that is far from typical and not something to count on.

How long does it take? It depends.

Until next time,
Paulette
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home