.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What Comes First?

Today one of my graphic designers told me a person contacted her who phoned me a week ago about getting my home study system. It surprised me to hear the prospective client was interviewing graphic designers, since I thought the person's booklet was not yet completed, maybe not even started. And the home study kit was yet to be bought.

Then there's the person who wants feedback about their booklet -- after they already printed up 1,000 copies. That's my greatest exercise in tact and diplomacy, especially when the booklet author implores me to be candid with them. It's a trap, I know it's a trap. It's not unlike the scenario of a woman asking her partner if she looks fat. There is no right answer.

While I personally pride myself in being a trail blazer, maturity has brought with it the sense to sometimes check things out with people whom I realize know more about something than I do. At least most of the time, anyway. Maybe these clients and prospective clients are serving as a reminder to keep doing that. Now I've reminded you, and anyone else you pass this along to. Some things truly do have a reasonable and logical sequence. Doing booklets is one of those.

Until next time,
Paulette - knowing what I know really well
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home