.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Flurry of No

In the past 24 hours there seems to be a flurry of no floating around with booklets. One person sent me the draft of a booklet that is full of "don't," "avoid,""ways not to..." -- a steady stream of this from one end to the other. The person has expressed pride of accomplishment. I have an appointment to speak with this author later today. And this person is in a helping profession, to boot. It'll be interesting to see how the consulting session turns out. The reader of such a booklet would have no clue what TO do after reading this booklet as it is right now.

Another person contacted me this week, to ask if I would review the booklet at no cost, give some ideas at no cost about the booklet and how to market it, and like that. I wrestled with a way to say "no" as gently as possible. After all, I've gotta believe it took courage for the person to ask in the first place. My response was to point the person to all the free info I have on my site, in this blog, and in my newsletter, and also the product I have that truly answers all the questions that were asked. I made it as positive as I could without coming right out and saying "no."

What's up with all this "no" stuff? Take a look at your own approach. Make it as positive as you can. It's a kinder, gentler, more helpful way of being and contributing on the planet.

Until next time,
Paulette - looking for as many "yes" answers as appropriate
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home