.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Twitter and Booklets

Twitter.com is my newest and most favorite online communication tool, almost more than email. (I said almost). It's probably my most favorite for the same reason that tips booklets appeal to me. They are both quick, easy, and to the point. They suit not only my personality but the personalities of lots of people who are wired like me, who are not drawn to lots of explanation and background and posturing and tons of make-nice before getting to what there is to say.

This approach appeals to a certain segment of the world's population, surely not everyone. So Twitter (and booklets) become the ideal starting point to build relationship. It's not the end-all-be-all. It's the starting point. Little snippets - teasers - are placed in a limited number of characters on Twitter. The writing style I've advocated for years with tips booklets suggests a short form of communication, too.

For the people who want more, there must be (and is) more. The Twitter snippets often include URLs to whatever "more" is. I've made sales as a direct result of "Tweets" in which I placed some URLs. With tips booklets, people have come back around to want more products, services, or both to go beyond the booklet.

Twitter.com and tips booklets -- the perfect match for fast-paced, results-oriented folks like moi.

Until next time,
Paulette - who you can follow at http://twitter.com/pauletteensign
www.PublishingProsperity.com
www.Tipsbooklets.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home