.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Booklet Sales - It's Been a Whole Week

Booklet authors never cease to amaze me. Sometimes it's "good" amazement and other times it's a complete groaner. This week brought one of the latter. Someone who took an in-person workshop I presented earlier this year emailed me to say her booklet was finished and she didn't realize how hard it would be to sell booklets. I continue reading the laundry list of places she sent the booklet, all of which seemed logical for her topic. And then the crowning glory of the email: "It's already been a whole week since I sent the letter and booklet, and I haven't sold anything yet."

Okay, now I know I've been in this business a long time. But really, did you expect to have results from corporate decision makers within a week? I couldn't help myself but to reply with "tell me what you've done after you've tried something that really didn't work."

A week? Sheesh. It's very likely the recipient hasn't even unearthed the envelope that contains the booklet yet in a week, much less thought about if it's something that fits a promo campaign or not and talked to everyone else who has to sign off on it for the purchase to happen. So folks, let's get some reality base here. While corporate sales are most definitely a reality, happen a lot, and can be very lucrative, they do take time. It can be weeks or months. A week? Verrrrry rare.

Until next time,
Paulette - wondering where I neglected to teach this part during that class and in my materials

www.CollectionOfExperts.com
www.PublishingProsperity.com
www.tipsbooklets.com
Follow me www.twitter.com/pauletteensign

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home