.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Booklets - Magazines Still Worth Approaching

When I started my booklet journey in 1991, the first thing I did was send a copy of my booklet to MAGAZINE editors, inviting them to excerpt my booklet into articles they wrote, as long as they included full contact info so people could order their own copy of the complete booklet. That brought over 50,000 single-copy orders of my booklet. Later I also realized there were other doors to go into magazines to make bulk sales and licensing deals.

With the conversation getting louder and louder about how web-centric publishing has become, I found the following mention in a newsletter I receive to be very encouraging if not affirming of what I thought to be true.

"There is some good news for print media fans. Deloitte suggests [from a survey they did] that print magazines may be "surviving the digital tsunami." Two-thirds of U.S. consumers have read a print copy of a magazine in the past six months, higher than newspaper and other forms of print media. Interestingly, 87% of U.S. consumers say that they prefer the print copy of magazines over the digital version. In fact, 55% of U.S. households still subscribe to at least one print magazine, up by 1% from 2009."

So before you take on a global opinion about print being so "yesterday," give some thought to approaching magazines. You can find direct guidance about that in our learning tools.

Until next time,
Paulette - who has fond memories of the early booklet orders that came from magazine readers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home