.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

How Much is Enough

Last night I did the first in a series of three teleclasses on the phone. There were lots of people on the call, many of whom already have had exposure to my work. They've heard me speak, bought my materials, or consulted with me. Some have been long-time followers of my work, and, for one reason or another, were not yet ready to make any purchases of time or product. The title of the teleclass was even the name of the publication that a bunch of them had previously bought. So why did they take an hour out of their day (actually evening) to go back to the well one more time?

Some of them thought there might be something new that I'd say. There is always that outside chance that I would. Others are merely enamored of my work (thank you thank you). The rest understand that it takes more than one exposure to the information for it to begin to sink in. Yes, an amazing grasp of the obvious, yet an easy thing to forget. A few people sent me emails saying exactly that, thanking me for reinforcing what they had read in my stuff or heard me say out loud.

How this fits into the work you are doing is this: People need to be exposed to your expertise multiple times and in multiple ways before they even begin to truly benefit from it. When you get concerned about the possibility of repeating some pearl you've already shared, do it anyway. Think about how many times it's taken YOU to absorb something, even when you had a very high interest level in the information.

Present your knowledge repeatedly and in various methods. Make it short, e-l-o-n-g-a-t-e it with more narrative in another kind of product than a tips booklet, record it, write articles about it, and on and on.

I am not suggesting you deceive anyone into thinking it's new information by having a new title or cover on it, when it's the same ole same ole. I am merely suggesting you put your information into different forms and continue marketing it.

Until next time,
Paulette - who sometimes wonders why you don't know what I didn't tell you.
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home