.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Low-Tech-ness and Long Shelf Life of Booklets

Last week someone in the UK sent me an email that confirmed what I've known for a long time. Booklets live on, past the latest greatest software of any given moment, or other technology that shows up on any particular day. If you've read much of my meanderings at any point along the way, you know I am a self-professed techno-weenie anyway. That said, I appreciated what this guy (or bloke, as they call them on that side of the pond) had to say.

He had some legal re-sale rights to the video of an event at which I spoke over there in 1998 or 1999, I believe it was. He wanted to focus on my part of the three-day conference because so much of the rest of that event was about software, most of which is long outdated. Booklets were still very current and very do-able. He wanted permission from me to grab some things from my website to support and surround what he had on that video. Of course I said yes, and that I'd be more than happy to help him in any ways that would work for both of us. It is not uncommon for me to be the non-tech contributor at a conference, and that's perfectly fine with me.

With all the internet marketing conferences, and the increasing conversation about and existence of iPods, vodpods, webinars, and the rest of the fabulous technology present in our lives today, sometimes the basics are what prevail. Sometimes it's those basics that reach the widest audience and keep them coming back for more. No, I don't have my head in the sand. I'm just very clear about my niche and its reason for being.

I am not suggesting ignoring the technology, not by any means. I am saying you can do a booklet in very short order, and have it available as a 'yes' answer for people and situations where the technology is not a match, for whatever reason.

Until next time,
Paulette
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home