.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

More About Audio and What I Don't Know (Yet)

Yesterday's post about presenting your content in audio format prompted a reader of this blog to personally email me. The person suggested that if I'm writing about audio books to be sure to include reference to the iPod revolution. The person writing to me clearly does know about iPods and other audio technology based on some additional links included for my reference in the email.

It was one of those moments in life which I'm guessing you've probably had, too. I was presented with a challenge that was just beyond my immediate comfort zone and knowledge base. Yes, sure I've heard about iPods. I do not live on an island either literally or figuratively. However, that's the full range of my iPod experience, so far. I don't think I've ever seen one or know how they work. The iPod concept keeps floating around me, with articles and ezines talking about the importance of doing Podcasts, and people downloading things to their iPods. Can I learn about this? Of course I can. Have I been motivated to before now? Apparently not. Am I likely to broaden my horizons soon? Yes, indeed.

What I know about me is that I get excited about marketing, about new ways to market, new ways to leverage information that's already been written. This morning while watching a talk show during breakfast, there was a segment titled "Dial G for God." The piece talked about receiving a daily spiritual message on the display of a cell phone. Believe it or not, I'm one of the six people on the planet who does not have a cell phone. Yes, I know, hard to imagine. That aside, do you think I got excited about the possibilities for providing readily available tips content from many different topics to be delivered through cell phones? You better believe I did.

I may be a late adapter of technology (obviously!). That doesn't mean I can't market and sell to those who are steeped in that technology, who will most likely teach me how best to sell to them anyway. Isn't it fabulous when we can each bring our strengths together for everyone to profit? I've got a hunch there's more than a few technology people who don't know some of the things I know, either. It all balances out just fine.

Until next time,
Paulette
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home