.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Whose Reality is it Anyway?

Today was a first. One of my most enthusiastic consulting clients who has worked with me at warp speed for a month and a half expressed sincere concern that only 10 of her booklets had been sold so far. She asked me what was she doing wrong.

I wasn't sure she was actually being serious in her question. My reason? Her booklets had been delivered 5 days ago. Yes, that's right, less than a week. Now, I work quickly, quicker than lots of people. This client, however, leaves me in the dust and makes me look like I haven't even started. Is it possible for her to make a single sale of zillions of copies to one buyer? Yes, it is, and that could happen any day, literally.

Her enthusiasm is noteworthy. There's no doubt in my mind she is among those who will surpass my own results of selling over a million copies. Am I someone who will hold her back? Not a chance. She reminds me of the above-average parent who brings a genious into the world, and has to work very hard to keep up with the child. I can keep up with this client, most certainly.

She is very different than the client who recently asked me if I thought they could have their booklet completed and produced by October, which was an equally sincere question. Yes, it is very possible to get the thing done by October (today is July 17), once the booklet is written. I have no idea how much of the booklet manuscript has been written.

I once had a client sequester himself in a hotel room for 24 hours immediately after attending a full-day class I presented. His booklet was ready (aka fully designed and printed) within a couple of weeks.

What is your reality? Your reality will dictate your results, as obvious a comment as that may seem. I've seen both ends of the spectrum, and it really truly boils down to you and what reality you create.

Until next time,
Paulette
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home