.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, August 28, 2006

How Did You Get Me to Buy So Quickly?

That was a great question a booklet author asked me today during a consulting session. The person wanted to know what technique I used to 'convince' her to buy the home study kit so fast. That's something that was never posed so directly to me before, and I loved it. My response was simple, and not something that was a conscious thing on my part.

1. The client was already in 'buying mode' when contacting me. It was obvious in the initial email I got. There was no convincing of anything, she was already convinced way before contacting me.

2. There were choices. I have a product called "How to Promote Your Business with Booklets" that is the entry point and always suggested. However, that product is in three different formats and three different prices. It's available as a 100-page stand-alone manual either in hard copy or downloadable. It's also available as a full home study kit with audio CDs and some consulting time. The home study kit is the best value, however not the least expensive cash outlay. It wasn't whether a purchase would be made when she phoned me. It was about which format suited her best.

Your booklets need to be in various formats so someone who is already in buying mode (or not) has a choice that makes the answer always 'yes.' Make the booklet manuscript into a booklet, an audio CD, a card deck. Have it available as a downloadable PDF, audio MP3, and as individual tips on autoresponders. That's 6 products from one manuscript, and we've only talked about English!

So, that's how I got the person to buy so quickly. I left plenty of space for them to sell themself as they made their best choice.

Until next time,
Paulette -- who loves it when life is so easy and so much fun
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home