.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Booklet Authors, Graphic Designers, Opinions, and Forging Ahead

This arrived in my email inbox over the weekend. I thought you might appreciate seeing it.

================

Originally I was going to use a local graphics designer. I had seen their website. It was quite impressive. I called them to see about getting a quote, and after explaining what I was trying to do they said they'd email me. They did, that afternoon, but the quote was too vague. So, I called them and told them I'd bring them my manuscripts and show them exactly what I needed.

Last Monday I took my manuscripts and a copy of your booklet into their office. I said, "I need to turn these manuscripts into a booklet like this one." to my astonishment, while looking through your booklet, one of them scoffed, "This is just common sense. Hmmm. Common sense." I replied, "Common sense sells very well these days. The author of this booklet has sold more than one million copies of it." I thought, that'll show 'em! But, no! To my further amazement they said, "Can you use this author's graphic artist?"

Can you believe it? Can you even imagine it? On the website these guys seemed so professional and their work looked so good. But, in person, I just didn't feel right about having them do the work for me. How could I? Their business ethics were horrible! They really didn't have a clue, and had I bought them one they wouldn't have known what to do with it!

I just wanted to tell you about it because I found it laughable that they would react toward your booklet that way. They never even looked at my manuscripts. They put them in a file and said they'd get back to me with a quote. Two days later I still hadn't heard from them, and I had already hired one of your recommended vendors. I called that office and told them I'd be coming in to pick up my manuscripts and your booklet, and when I got there the secretary handed me the file and I left. There was no attempt from them to secure my business. It was just unreal.

Just wanted to share.
=======

Until next time,
Paulette - who never ceases to be amazed by ways some people choose to do business
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home