.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Joint Ventures are THE Way to Go

Yes, I know I just wrote about joint ventures the other day. I love joint ventures so much it's worth writing about it again today. I've done joint ventures most of the time I've been in business, even back in elementary school. Of course they weren't necessarily called joint ventures then. The longer I'm in business, the more I believe in them. They are the way to go, to get the greatest reach to make the most money with the least resources (human and otherwise).

It goes without saying (though I'll say it anyway) that the only way the joint venture works is when it benefits both or all parties. And everyone has to be doing something they want to do. Case in point -- people approach me every week to ask if I'll sell their booklet for them in a revenue share arrangement. Quite simply, no, I won't. It's not a match for what I want to do. That doesn't mean there aren't people who won't do it. In fact, I spoke with a gentleman this afternoon who may just be such a person. He's putting together some new pieces of his business right now and is definitely considering it.

Now if someone asks to host me on a teleclass they are promoting to their subscriber list, by all means, let's make a date and a deal. The same is true for promoting an in-person workshop I want to do. When a person or organization is interested in promoting my class, I'm more than happy to share the revenue and publicity with them. In fact, that was the second phone call I had this afternoon. I contacted the chapter of a national association in a community where I'll be visiting the end of September. I invited them to promote the class in exchange for part of the proceeds. The person I talked with was receptive. We'll see what her board has to say in the next few days.

In both these deals, I added no additional staff to my company, no additional tasks beyond the typical activities of a typical day in the life of a solopreneur, neither rented nor bought any additional real estate, etc. and so forth. Yet it is likely I've directly increased my revenue in the immediate and with new clients into the life-long cycle of welcome to our world, without breaking a sweat. It's what affiliate programs have come to be, yet with some minor tweaks.

Where can you create joint ventures with your booklets and entire business?

Until next time,
Paulette -- who loves lucrative ideas that benefit everyone
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home