.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Booklets and Joint Ventures

Joint ventures are a beautiful thing -- when they work. A recent article in a colleague's newsletter about this very thing piqued my interest as it became an amazing grasp of the obvious while being a useful reminder.

The all-important thing about joint ventures is the audience, the target market. Your own newsletter subscriber base and mine have to behave similarly in order for success to occur in a joint venture. When I see a product that gets me all excited that was developed by a colleague, and I can't wait to bring it to the subscribers of my blog or my ezine, the overidding element is to know how my subscribers respond. Are you similar in your background, economics, learning style, decision-making speed to the list of my colleague who developed the product? If so, everyone benefits.

When I am invited to present a teleclasses that is hosted by any of a number of colleagues, the sales results swing widely. The client lists are more and less of a match to my own. It is the same phenomenon when you bring someone else's booklet into a conversation you are having with a large-quantity booklet buyer. If their buying behavior is similar to others who have bought that booklet from the author, then you have a sale. Otherwise it's a no-go. Keep track of your buyers' behaviors and they'll keep track of your business, in a Good Way.

Until next time,
Paulette -- the perpetual student of human behavior
http://www.tipsbooklets.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home