.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Booklet Exceptions

Conventional wisdom is a good starting point with many things. I personally get a big kick out of the exceptions, though. A few of them came to mind today when thinking about booklets.

1. A electrical manufacturer's rep based in a US-owned off-shore territory was the first to buy a large quantity of my booklets in the early 1990's. They would never have been on my target market list, yet their payment cleared my checking account beautifully, and they distributed a few thousand booklets to an audience I never would have reached on my own.

2. A booklet author who writes about ways to support local political campaigns licensed her booklet to an investor relations department of a corporation for a tidy mid 5-figure payment, and they said they'd probably only produce 100 printed copies of the booklet. Clearly there was no price sensitivity on the part of that corporate department.

3. A client purchased several hundred copies of a booklet from an author based solely on the title of the booklet, without ever buying a copy of it from the ebooklet catalog on my site or hard copy from the author. This is one of the reasons I don't ever bother talking statistics when people ask what the best-selling booklets are on my site or wonder how much they can make. It's anyone's guess because things like this happen.

Don't you just love these things that fly in the face of how things are usually done? 'Works for me! Please let me know if you have more of these to add to the mix.

Until next time,
Paulette - always enjoying blazing that trail
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home