.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Getting Started When?

This blog has addressed the "getting started" factor before, and will most likely continue to do so. Here's one side of the coin. I have a client who I am guessing is probably about 50'ish, who has been telling me for almost a year that the booklet manuscript is almost ready for me to edit, that money will be coming in next week, that a little more research is necessary, etc. and so forth. The booklet could have been done a year ago, with lots of money in hand by now. This client is committed to staying stuck, based on results. I may or may not ever see that booklet.

Then there's the opposite end of the spectrum. I am a fan of Dr. Wayne Dyer's work and approach to life. He is often on PBS television. I caught one of his shows about a week ago. He had in the audience a woman whose work I also know, Louise Hay. Louise Hay is the founder of a major self-help and metaphysical publishing company, Hay House, which happens to be local to me. What I did not know until hearing it on Dyer's show is that Louise Hay founded Hay House when she was 60. She recently celebrated her 80th birthday--- and looks 60!

Need I say more?

Until next time,
Paulette - who is more than a little curious to see what my own next 20 years will be, now that I'm 60
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Paulette,

Thank you for another great post.

It's kind of a gut-check for me, because I've been stuck in the "i'll do it tomorrow..." prediciment for two years too many.

But thanks to your persistent nudges and occasional (yet necessary) shoves - I've finally started a project and plan to have it finished by Christmas.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing about your next 20 years.

Sincerely,
Andy Moose

p.s. you gotta admit, you look far too young to actually be 60.

p.s.s. whether you approve this as a comment on the blog is up to you, but I just wanted to thank you and also pay you the compliment. and this was the easiest media to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home