.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Moving Fast

Last week I had a round of emails and a phone and a phone call with someone I was originally referred to last summer, and who recently (re-)discovered me last month. The person seems very well connected in some areas that can be helpful to me and my clients in expanding into new markets in a big way.

I move fast in life, faster than a lot of people I know. This person made me look like I move at a snail's pace. All of that is moot UNLESS major things are lost and overlooked in the process. I sent the person some samples. Before the box was even opened upon receipt, the person was asking me for more, without knowing what was in the box. I cannot imagine how this person gets anything done or makes a living. Yet there seems to be evidence that it does happen.

It was very dsconcerting being on my end of this communication, not knowing what was truly being absorbed and what was flying by too fast to grasp.

You may be like me, and like him, moving at the speed of light or faster. This has all been a big reminder to me to slow down just a bit. Take note of what is happening with the other person. Make like as easy as possible to do business with you.

Until next time,
Paulette - taking a couple extra breaths along the way
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home