.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Booklet Titles

An article I read today was a reminder of the importance of a good title for a booklet. The writer said there's power in a one-to-four word title. I agree. The title needs to succinctly say what the booklet is. Nothing cutesy. Tips booklets are how-to's. Tell the reader what it is. Sometimes a single word can do it, like "Teamworks" or "Divorce." Sometimes a short subtitle can be helpful, too. With the second example, the title and subtitle are "Divorce: 133 Ways to Diffuse the Battle."

There's also a practical side to support having a short, powerful title. When you make the title too long, it will rarely all show up. Plus, imagine writing a 10-word title every time you want to mention it. Way too cumbersome. The title of my own booklet is actually a bit too long by the standards I'm suggesting here! "110 Ideas for Organizing Your Business Life." Had I thought differently about that 17 years ago when I did the booklet, I probably would have shortened it. "Organizing Your Business Life," and maybe left it at that. It didn't keep from selling a whole ton of them. It's just one more bit that I've learned after the fact, now passing it on to you.

Until next time,
Paulette - who likes brevity
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home