.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Living in the Question

A colleague called today to discuss how a book could best be organized converting it from a long-running blog. We arrived at the content actually warranting at least two books plus a number of booklets, before even going into other product line extensions we'd discussed months ago.

The bigger piece of the conversation was the preference of the author to prompt the reader toward introspection and coming up with answers on their own, rather than providing "how-to's" in a relationship-oriented topic. My suggestion was to do that, plus add in a few direct "how-to's" to satisfy those folks who are less introspective.

Many people are looking for answers when reading a book, booklet, or other info product. That's why the writing style I recommend is based on telling the reader what to do. Asking questions on a blog is certainly a way to prompt some discussion. In a book, it's more like a self-therapy situation, in my opinion.


What do you think?

Until next time,
Paulette - telling it like it is
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Nurse Entrepreneur network said...

When I purchase a tips booklet I expect to receive ideas and "how-tos". A book that would leave me living in the question would be more like a workbook to me. I could see it as a series of questions with space to write my thoughts and reflections. However, I would not expect this to be a tips booklet.

LeaRae
www.nurse-entrepreneur-network.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home