.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What's Your Reason?

As various people are commenting about their experiences at last week's Book Expo America in Los Angeles, it's a great reminder of how a particular event can have so many purposes.

I read on a discussion list this morning that one of my colleagues loves books. I mean really loves books. That was a reason for going. Someone else went to observe trends in the publishing industry. Another went to find a distributor. Some others went to connect and re-connect (network) with people for both the social and professional elements. Yet others went to cut deals. Some were there to exhibit their books at booths.

All of that, and much more, was available at this and similar events. As a non-traditional publisher, I was curious to see how I might be able to benefit from what is primarily a major trade show in the traditional publishing industry. Yes, there were deals to be had. Not with everyone, though with enough.

For the person who commented about loving books, it gave me pause, to explore what I am equally passionate about.

Until next time,
Paulette -- who loves finding opportunities where others see none
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home