.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Vendors Matter a Lot

The vendors you work with can make or break your business. Yes, this can sound like an amazing grasp of the obvious, yet one still worth mentioning.

Over the years, I've worked with numerous graphic designers and printers in different parts of the country. Like any business, some were better than others as far as general interaction, keeping their word, having high integrity, charging reasonable prices, and doing good work. When I find good vendors, I tell everyone I know, since it benefits all concerned.

My current lead printer, Jerry Kirkland of Kirkland Offset Printing, is someone I've continuously worked with for a few months shy of the 12 years I've lived in San Diego. He became a pivot point in how I did booklets, with a simple yet crucial suggestion of having a white cover so they would no longer be streaky like I had been suffering with other printers I left behind. He has continued to be a valuable friend and contributor to my business and the businesses of my clients.

One of the many contributions he's made was in introducing me to the person who has become my lead graphic designer, Victoria Vinton of Coyote Press Graphics. Everyone loves working with Victoria. All our current graphic designers are excellent. However, she distinguished herself by taking the initiative to put a page on her own site that shows booklets and product sheets she's designed for clients of Tips Products International.

Both these people know what I recommend as far as booklets are concerned, have already handled any learning curve, and are terrific human beings and business people. Don't just take my word for it. Go see the testimonials from some booklet authors who have shared their opinions at http://www.tipsbooklets.com/index.php?page=vendors.htm

If you have a contribution to make to those testimonials, and would like some additional exposure for your own business, you can email me or add your comments right here at this blog. We'll get your testimonial uploaded to the Vendors page as quickly as possible.

Until next time,
Paulette - who soooo appreciates our valued and cherished vendors
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home