.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

PublishingProsperity.com new and improved site and biz

Yesterday, www.PublishingProsperity.com was moved. Yup, we moved and improved this site that was launched in September to support your success with creating an information product line and selling those information products in bulk.

The site has been streamlined, simplified, made more user-friendly, and looks a little (lot?) better. Companies now move sites all the time. What's the big deal here with this one? A few things prompted the move that are worth mentioning to you. The entire experience from setting up the site starting in August until moving the account yesterday was one big learning experience, as things tend to be when you look at them that way. The learning experience went way beyond what was involved with the original host's membership site software, which was plenty in and of itself.

The much bigger deal that's relevant in this discussion is their customer service. They started off being mostly responsive, with some very minor and forgivable moments of delay. The delayed replies increased in frequency and duration. Again, so what?

The more frustrated I got, the more I was reminded that I could stick it out and be miserable, stick it out and modify my expectations, or I could go elsewhere. The choice was mine. If I stuck it out, I had no one to blame but myself, and I knew that.

There were simple things they could have done to keep me happy and still with them. For whatever reason, that was not to be. The most fascinating thing was that they replied within 5 minutes when I canceled the account, with a brief "sorry to see you go, best wishes, we canceled the billing and downgraded your access." Seemed like a variation of "don't let the door hit you on your way out," which they really had no basis for.


And here I am telling you about it. Obviously I am not about to include the company name here. However, you know it won't take much for me to speak poorly of them from the little I've said here.

This whole thing was on the heels of an exceptional customer service experience with a different company.

This other company is all about customer service and going beyond, delivering more than promised every single step of the way. And that is not an accident. It's well calculated.


While there will always be people who don't agree with my advice in part or in whole, there is plenty of room for all of us and our respective approaches, and for being human. I'm grateful to be reminded of better ways to operate a business than how the hosting company treated me, that's for sure.

What do you want known about you out in the world? How do you want people to feel about doing business with you? I'm clear about those answers for all aspects of Tips Products International, and am recommitting myself to doing it better.

Until next time,
Paulette - staying awake and alert moving ahead
www.tipsbooklets.com
www.PublishingProsperity.com
www.CollectionOfExperts.com
Follow me: www.twitter.com/pauletteensign

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home