.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Booklets and Joint Ventures

This past weekend I happily attended a small gathering of about 20 independent business owners from around the US and Canada from Friday dinner until Sunday after lunch. It was held at a hotel just south of San Francisco, a quick plane trip from San Diego where I live. It was specifically designed for the sole purpose of exploring collaborations amongst us. There were people there whose names I'd known and others who were completely new to me. Some have been clients. I had only ever met one of them in person before, yet among the group as a whole, we formed fast friendships that were made that much easier by being face to face and breaking bread together.

The brain power and resources in that room were electrifying. Every one of the solopreneurs there "got it," regardless of their area of expertise, personality style, or any other defining elements. The common thread was that each of us was interviewed by Robert Middleton of Action Plan Marketing for his club in the past year or so. There were 6-8 more people who were not present this weekend, for one reason or another.

I will be bringing many of these people to you in the coming months, through guest blog posts here, guest interviews on the phone, and in other ways that bring you value with your booklets and your overall business. In the past two days since getting home from this event, there have already been some excellent introductions amongst the group and conversations about what and how we can have 1 + 1 = 3.

As an aside, the part about meeting people face to face, well, there is truly no substitute for it. Nancy Juetten,whose Bye Bye Boring Bio I recently brought you, has been a client of mine for about four years. I've talked with her a lot. We've emailed plenty. In my mind and in what I thought I saw of her photo, I pegged her as being about 5 foot 2 inches. It turns out she's almost 6 feet tall. It was a totally different experience of her. Who knew and why does this matter? Well, it forged an inexplicably different kind of bond once we met in person. I don't know why. It just did.

You can expect to be introduced to more people in the upcoming months who can help you leverage your booklet contents and your skills and interests beyond anything I could offer you on my own, just as we did with PublishingProsperity this past year, though it will not be as a membership club. I'll always connect the dots for you as to how your tips booklets can benefit by what someone else can do with and for you. Some will be a match for you now or later, and others will not resonate with you at all.

Who can you approach for joint venturing in ways that work for all involved, where 1 + 1 = at least 3?

Until next time,
Paulette - pacing my overflowing enthusiasm at the moment
www.tipsbooklets.com
www.CollectionOfExperts.com
www.PublishingProsperity.com

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Nancy Juetten said...

Hi Paulette,

It was a pleasure to meet you at long last. Can't wait to see what abundance unfolds for all of us as a result of this fabulous weekend of brainstorming and collaboration.

Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home