.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Booklets - Again and Again -- and Again

Today's email brought, in part, the following from a new booklet author:

"I actually came across you about 6 years ago, shortly after I set up my business, and thought it was a good idea but never really got going with it at the time. Then I heard another interview with Robert Middleton a few months ago and took the decision to act on it this time. Whatever happens with [my booklet] series, I’m at least pleased that I have finally taken action and it’s given me a new focus and enthusiasm in what has been a very difficult period for the business."

Maybe your story is somewhat similar to that, or maybe you're still just reading and listening to information and have yet to take action on starting your own tips booklet.

The reason for mentioning this to you is not only to encourage you to take action. It's a reminder of what real-life human beings do when you are contacting them to invest in what you are offering. It takes more than one exposure, one contact, one consideration for many people to take action. I know it took me a couple times of looking at the booklet that prompted me to write mine before I actually wrote it. And it was during some dire times in my business, where I was eager for an ideal solution to move things forward financially and emotionally.

I assure you that I am speaking to myself as much as I am to you when mentioning this. I can't tell you how many times I've done some promotion and expected instant response from every single person who read or heard me. It doesn't work that way. Now it's been a matter of being around long enough that multiple promotions as the one referenced above finally prompt people to take action when they are ready.

Go back to your large-quantity booklet prospects several times after you first approach them. Just because they weren't ready before is no reason to say they won't be ready the next time. And some of them are bound to surprise you by saying yes the first time!

Until next time,
Paulette - eager to know how your actions paid off and what other actions you're ready to take

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Alan Matthews said...

Hi Paulette,

A very good article and a point I can endorse wholeheartedly. Partly because, as you know, I'm the person you're quoting who first heard you 6 years ago but somehow got sidetracked before finally publishing some booklets!

Also, I have found many times when promoting my training courses that I can send out maybe 6 emails to my list and, just when I'm thinking, " I can't send any more, they must be sick to death of hearing about this " someone new pops up and shows an interest, as if that's the first time I've mentioned it to them.

I suspect they quite literally didn't see the earlier ones because they just weren't in the right frame of ind at that point.

The message is - keep going and don't be put off if you don't get a great response straight away.

Alan Matthews
www.trainofthoughtcourses.com

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Paulette Ensign said...

Alan,

Thanks so much for jumping in here with your reinforcement about the way things often go.

Kudos to you for taking action.

And yes, keep on keeping on!!

Warm regards,
Paulette
www.tipsbooklets.com
www.CollectionOfExperts.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home