.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Booklets - Time, Money, Neither, Both

Many booklet authors have great ideas and small amounts of either time, money, or both. When I wrote my tips booklet in 1991, it felt like I didn't have much of either. Whatever time I had was spent figuring out how to generate the money I didn't have. At a certain point, I chose to invest some time to generate some money. It was a slow start, and then it got faster and better. It's amazing what you can do when you realize how much you enjoy the basic creature comforts like eating and having a roof over your head.

Today there are more ways to generate something out of whole cloth than there were in 1991. There are sites like www.elance.com, www.odesk.com, www.fiverr.com, and more, where you can pay nominal amounts to at least get things going. Sometimes it becomes an excellent entry point to really wonderful service providers who can travel the journey with you as your resources increase.

You can also contact colleges and universities to explore having your requirements handled by a capable student who needs to build a portfolio and is willing and able to do your work at no cost in exchange for the course credit they need.

Then there is always the age-old barter or exchange concept. A colleague has something you need/want, and you have something that's useful to them. When the agreement is clearly defined, and everyone does what they say they will when they say they will, it's a beautiful thing.

While I am far from suggesting you scrimp in your business, the point I am making is that you can always (yes, always) get what you want/need to get done by getting creative. That has opened more doors for me over the years than had I only paid for services every step of the way. Part of the description of my success is that I've personally sold well over a million copies of my booklet in various languages and formats without spending a penny on advertising.
That happened because I didn't have the money to advertise when I started out. It turned out to be one of the bigger gifts in my process!

So whether you have more time than money, more money than time, or small amounts of either, get creative and look at things through a different perspective. You're likely to arrive at a better result because of it.

Until next time,
Paulette - who knows that having more time or more money isn't always the answer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home